Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
Sung

Regards P2W

Firstly , thanks for making a MapleSEA server after Big-bang. It's really nostalgic for me and I would like to share my suggestions in regards to P2W. 

I'm suggesting a longer run for end game to help this server.

Donation item currency. using LP to buy stuffs

1.Weapon upgrade slots , so you can spend LP to give 1 of your gears an additional slots , up to 2 additional upgrades slot , 2nd upgrade will cost more than the first . MapleSEA uses gold box to get items that has additional 1 or 2 slots in the past and it's a neat feature to put for end game.

2.Mounts / Chairs / Special Cubes/2x exp,drop/Pet scrolls for att/matt, items that is not farmable via monsters and normal means (but can be obtainable via boss/pqevents/events/etc) can also be added onto the donation NPC. 

3.LP can also be exchanged into special coin that allows it to be tradable around players in nautilus. 

Maybe a-cash to be able to exchange to for that currency but maybe 1:10 of the special coin or something? 

4. Special status title on character to be able to farm till [Above average stats items], or get special access to [1 extra runs on bosses] or able to use fishing chair for fishing to get items and exp?

5. Premium VIP teleport rock(7d , 30d, perm) ? 

I'm not suggesting adding in items like white scrolls or any game-breaking p2w stuffs, but more of game enhancing items stuffs which p2w players and normal players can still buy and enjoy. 

I think Nautilus is really great and standing out among all the current server at the moment. And after the incident at Rien from 200+ players to barely 10-20 a day, I hope this feature I suggest can be implement to keep the players happy and accessible for competition and such. I really love the post big bang seasons and am excited to see this server goes official without any wipes.

* Note : I briefly suggested some stuffs that come to mind and not a full list of suggestion I would add at this point of time.

Accepting mature criticisms regards to p2w and whatever I suggested just in case this tilts any tired people. 

Edited by Sung

Yeah so if Nautilus ends up being P2W, my entire guild is no longer coming over here from Royals. If that happens, you can also expect this server's population to never exceed 100.

And good luck being successful at all as a P2W server, jesus :blamexari:

Edited by thornd
  • Like 1

Huh ? You guys are already buying the founder package for extra boost of exp and acash/vote and other beneficial items to start easier . You are basically paying to win. o_o 

I'm saying donations can be used for buying beneficial items , not game spoiling items. 

3 hours ago, Sung said:

Huh ? You guys are already buying the founder package for extra boost of exp and acash/vote and other beneficial items to start easier . You are basically paying to win. o_o 

I'm saying donations can be used for buying beneficial items , not game spoiling items. 

stop talking if you don't know what your talking about? 

Founder package is a one time thing and is not giving more exp or a-cash.

Premium is a thing that you can buy with mesos and vote point (acquired from voting on gtop). With Premium you get 10% extra exp/mesos and extra a-cash from voting. 

But this server already is pay2win and no it's not only for the beta as people who donated will receive this pack in server realise.  If someone tries to tell me this part is not pay2win :

1. 10 Miracle Cube
  2. 10 Premium Miracle Cube
  3. 1 Character Slot Coupon
  4. 250 Power Elixir
  5. 14-day Premium Service
  6. Locked to Character that activated
  7. +10% EXP & MESO Rate
  8. +100% Quest EXP Rate
  9. +50% A-Cash for every vote

Then I bet they are gonna donate for that. Yes, packs are expensive but I already heard ppl that are going to buy them. Not much more to comment tbh, definitely not gonna check this server but not only for this reason but also this version is just too high for me. Why I even bother commenting? Well just triggers me when ppl try to pretend it's not pay2win as it is. Written in big letters on main page learn to read and accept facts.

Edited by Player
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GriZ said:

Premium is a thing that you can buy with mesos and vote point (acquired from voting on gtop). With Premium you get 10% extra exp/mesos and extra a-cash from voting. 

Having an advantage over others by the means of using cash is already considered p2w.

If founder pack was a one time thing and you guys are buying to show your support, why not change it to only donors cosmetics instead of cubes and those extra exp and those increased votes? 

And if you want to say you are just want to donate to help out the server, why not just donate straight instead of receiving any LP or any rewards in game in return? Since founder pack was a p2w feature for new players to get a headstart and a support for their server, why not suggest more p2w to keep this server fulfilling and long lasting? If this server have potential to reach 200 or more like how it was with Rien in the past, why be satisfied with 20-40 players capped on the weekends? Pretty sure you don't need any benefits or headstart to be competitve in terms of leveling and items if you say this is not a p2w server yeah? 

And if any way you want to support the admins and server, p2w shouldn't be an issue yeah? Because ultimately, you want to support this server and the admins that are working hard behind the scenes right? 

So I definitely know what I'm talking about. You probably didn't play maple since beta and long enough to max level prebb to know what's call f2p. You should probably stop crapping and start suggesting better stuffs for the devs to take into feedback and implement it if ' support ' is the least you can do . 

6 hours ago, Sung said:

You guys are already buying the founder package for extra boost of exp and acash/vote and other beneficial items to start easier .

3 hours ago, GriZ said:

Premium is a thing that you can buy with mesos and vote point (acquired from voting on gtop).

6 minutes ago, Sung said:

why not change it to only donors cosmetics instead of cubes and those extra exp and those increased votes? 

If you can't even read informations given to you I guess we are done here

Edited by GriZ

32 minutes ago, GriZ said:

If you can't even read informations given to you I guess we are done here

I believe we are if you can't even answer your own questions in regards to it. Let the feedback be seen by the devs and let them decide what to do. I'm just pointing out on things you said that contradict your own thinking. good day.

5 hours ago, GriZ said:

As long as you can still buy Premium with USD, it is pay2win. The other alternative (using mesos and vote points), means sacrificing your in-game time and money to get something that another player could just buy with real life cash. Pay2win.

10 hours ago, thornd said:

As long as you can still buy Premium with USD, it is pay2win. The other alternative (using mesos and vote points), means sacrificing your in-game time and money to get something that another player could just buy with real life cash. Pay2win.

It isn't pay2win. What? So you're telling me, if both non paying players can receive a perk that a paying player receives it's pay2win? VOTING has NO other use apart from buying premium service so regardless, your VP will only contribute to you being able to purchase premium service.

Pay2win is when there are certain perks that CANNOT be obtainable without paying, and that is clearly not the case for this server. Don't get it twisted.

Edited by foreign

6 hours ago, foreign said:

It isn't pay2win. What? So you're telling me, if both non paying players can receive a perk that a paying player receives it's pay2win? VOTING has NO other use apart from buying premium service so regardless, your VP will only contribute to you being able to purchase premium service.

Pay2win is when there are certain perks that CANNOT be obtainable without paying, and that is clearly not the case for this server. Don't get it twisted.

Ahem* 

1. +10% EXP & MESO Rate
  2. +100% Quest EXP Rate
  3. +50% A-Cash for every vote 

f2p 

Will save up enough in-game a-cash to buy a 100% exp quest rate coupon . 

Oh wait .. you need to pay for that feature. 

Edited by Sung

1 hour ago, Sung said:

Ahem* 

1. +10% EXP & MESO Rate
  2. +100% Quest EXP Rate

f2p 

+1

We need to have an honest discussion about how p2w this server is. Seriously, why would we play something with this much p2w when the official game is just as bad?

On 1/13/2018 at 9:51 AM, Sung said:

Ahem* 

1. +10% EXP & MESO Rate
  2. +100% Quest EXP Rate

f2p 

Uh... Premium Service? This reeks of Pay2Win?

Premium Service can also be bought with mesos and is also purchasable by the amount of times you've voted.

Taken from the FAQS: https://playnautilus.com/news/98/frequently-asked-questions

On 12/01/2018 at 12:33 PM, Player said:

But this server already is pay2win and no it's not only for the beta as people who donated will receive this pack in server realise.  If someone tries to tell me this part is not pay2win :

1. 10 Miracle Cube
  2. 10 Premium Miracle Cube
  3. 1 Character Slot Coupon
  4. 250 Power Elixir
  5. 14-day Premium Service
  6. Locked to Character that activated
  7. +10% EXP & MESO Rate
  8. +100% Quest EXP Rate
  9. +50% A-Cash for every vote

Then I bet they are gonna donate for that. Yes, packs are expensive but I already heard ppl that are going to buy them. Not much more to comment tbh, definitely not gonna check this server but not only for this reason but also this version is just too high for me. Why I even bother commenting? Well just triggers me when ppl try to pretend it's not pay2win as it is. Written in big letters on main page learn to read and accept facts.

1) You can farm a LOT more then 10 miracle cubes a day.

2) This is the only good argument and it's not that many and not that big of an advantage

3) Useless

4) Useless

5~9) Free players can obtain this service with mesos/voting. Not to mention how utterly useless quests are here (seriously, they are not worth doing) and how easy A-Cash is to obtain you will have an abundance you don't know what to do with after a few days. Making the 10% EXP only 'good' thing.

So yeah actually I'd argue it's not p2w. A f2p player can easily be much stronger, higher level, and better because the package offers a very small advantage. Obviously against this ridiculous thread but sick of people crying how op this package is; have you guys even played the game?

Edited by KingKongSchlong
  • Like 1

obviously most of you all aren't reading the entire post. this thread is to suggest P2W features for end game users.

You are paying for a headstart and benefits before you earn mesos to buy your benefits you had even before the game begins.

As long as it's an advantage over people who chose not to pay, it's basically p2w.

You are already paying for an advantage over players that chose not to pay. Simple as that , no matter how big or small the advantage is.

You want to be less annoyed? Feel free to avoid this thread. 

You want this type of thread to never appear? Remove 3 days headstart and every in-game beneficial advantage for paying users. Replace it with permanent cosmetics. Every player starts on the same day.

Make it like Rien. 

Then you call it f2p.

No one's crying here so stop finding reasons to make a pointless argument. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sung said:

obviously most of you all aren't reading the entire post. this thread is to suggest P2W features for end game users.

You are paying for a headstart and benefits before you earn mesos to buy your benefits you had even before the game begins.

As long as it's an advantage over people who chose not to pay, it's basically p2w.

You are already paying for an advantage over players that chose not to pay. Simple as that , no matter how big or small the advantage is.

You want to be less annoyed? Feel free to avoid this thread. 

You want this type of thread to never appear? Remove 3 days headstart and every in-game beneficial advantage for paying users. Replace it with permanent cosmetics. Every player starts on the same day.

Make it like Rien. 

Then you call it f2p.

No one's crying here so stop finding reasons to make a pointless argument. 

+1 Quote for truth

Not to make some p2w players butthurt, but sharing is caring and I don't want to leave some people hanging with their answers. 

Please understand I'm not starting an arguement here , I merely suggested p2w features for the server to have so end game users can enjoy. 

@KingKongSchlong , @foreign , @GriZ